Maya Cafe in Central serves vegan, gluten-free, raw, sustainable, paleo, delicious and wholesome food. They've shared their easy and no-fuss raw cauliflower risotto as a Foodie exclusive.
Raw Cauliflower Risotto with Alfredo Sauce
Prep time: 10 mins
- 300g cashews, soaked overnight, or for at least 4 hours
- 2 cups filtered water, or enough water to cover the nuts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 whole cauliflower
- To make the alfredo sauce, blend all the ingredients apart from the cauliflower in a food processor until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower florets into big chunks. Roughly grate the cauliflower so that it resembles rice grains.
- Mix the cauliflower ‘rice’ with enough alfredo sauce to create a risotto-like consistency and let stand for a few minutes before serving so that the flavours can develop.
Styling by Jo Lorenz of lamaisondelorenz.com