Avocado and Kale Salad
Prep time: 40 mins
- 225g curly kale
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- small handful salt
- Wash and dry the kale. Finely shred the leaves with a knife (keep the hard roots for your next juice). Sprinkle generously with salt and 'massage' the kale by rubbing until it feels softer.
- Set aside in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Peel and roughly smash the avocado with a fork. Add the lemon juice, oil, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Take out the kale from the fridge and squeeze out any excess liquid. Add the kale to the avocado mixture and mix in.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve with a sprinkling of hemp seeds.
Styling by Jo Lorenz of lamaisondelorenz.comPhotography by Sophie Jin of www.todaytomorrowphotography.comIngredients and studio sponsored by Green Common and Kind Kitchen, a Central-based cooking studio available for meat-free cooking classes and demonstrations