Renowned for receiving the first ever Michelin-star for Thai cuisine, chef David Thompson of Nahm shows us how to create our own award-winning Thai temptations at home:
Prep time: 25 mins
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 100g capers, rinsed and drained
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon zest, julienned
- Basil leaves, roughly torn
- 300g golden raisins
- Parmesan, to garnish
- Slice the zucchinis lengthwise and set aside.
- Thinly slice red onions and then marinate them with the capers, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Leave for around 10 minutes until the onions have softened.
- When ready to serve, mix together the zucchini, onion mix, torn basil leaves and the raisins. Marinate for 2 minutes until the zucchini are soft.
- Scatter on a serving plate with thinly sliced or shaved Parmesan cheese.