- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- ½ tsp minced fresh garlic
- ½ ground ginger (or 1 tsp grated fresh ginger)
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken, beef or pork, whole shrimp or diced tofu
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup edamame beans, shelled and steamed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- Bring the quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the covered saucepan on the hob for another 6 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or saucepan on medium heat. Add the oil, 2 tbsp water and the broccoli. Cover and cook the mixture for 4 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, garlic and ginger, replace the cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until the broccoli and pepper are tender yet crisp.
- Add your protein of choice, black beans, edamame and soy sauce. Stir in the quinoa and continue to cook until it is heated throughout.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days.
Recipe copyright Patricia Green & Carolyn Hemming (www.patriciaandcarolyn.com)