Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1kg new potatoes
- 2 lemons
- 3+ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bunch basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- rocket, to garnish
- Make the crumb by blitzing the basil, garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan in a food processor until chopped finely.
- Slowly add in a couple tablespoons of olive oil until you get a soft paste. Empty the pesto into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs. Stir to combine.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray lined with baking paper and top with a few teaspoons of the crumb. Spread the mixture over the top of the fillets to cover.
- Place in a preheated oven at 200°C for 12–15 minutes (depending on the size of the fillets).
- Peel and chop the potatoes into cubes. Place in a pan of cold water with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft enough to break up with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a bowl with the olive oil, zest of the lemons and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lightly crush the potatoes with a fork, but don't mash. Gently toss through the oil, lemon and seasonings.
- Serve the potatoes topped with the salmon fillets and some rocket to garnish.