A light Italian classic made with tomato basil pasta sauce from Buddha’s Garden. The sauce does not contain garlic or onion but still retains all the flavour, so it's a healthy, balanced meal that's perfectly safe for all kinds of vegetarians to enjoy.
- 4 potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 1 bay leaf
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Buddha’s Garden tomato basil pasta sauce
- chilli oil (optional)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potato slices in an olive-oil-coated pan on low heat.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top of the potatoes and add the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook for 15 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Pour the pasta sauce into the pan and cook for another 15 mins (until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is gently simmering).
- Crack the eggs over the potatoes and cover (add a dash of chilli oil if you want a fiery punch).
- Serve as soon as the egg whites set. Garnish with more chopped parsley if desired.