Damm good beer and damm good tapas? Yes, we would like to tap that one, please! For those up for a fun food-and-beer adventure, get ready to embark on the Estrella Damm Tapas Journey from now till 12 November 2017 and you might just score a chance to win a trip for two to Barcelona!
With 17 participating outlets on this journey, each featuring their uniquely curated and diverse tapas menu, guests can enjoy a tapa paired with an ice-cold Estrella Damm beer for $68–88.
Lucky for our Foodie Club members who went on our Estrella Damm Tapas Tour at the start of September, they had a sneak peek at four locations around Wanchai and Sai Ying Pun and got their hands on some delicious tapas and refreshing Estrella Damm beer. Check out the below video for the event summary!
Pork belly with quince aioli
The tour was kick-started with some deliciously sinful grub from El Cerdo, where guests sunk their teeth into ham croquettes and crispy prawns with lemon aioli. And, oh boy, we can’t forget the melt-in-your-mouth pork belly with quince aioli.
Beer-battered calamari with smoked paprika and aioli (back), sautéed chorizo with garlic (right), Ibérico cold cuts (front)
Forty-five minutes later, we hopped to our next stop at La Cobi Restaurante & Tapas, where more awesome pub grub including beer-battered calamari with smoked paprika and aioli, sautéed chorizo with garlic and Ibérico cold cuts awaited us.
Crabmeat rice-paper rolls
Vietnamese pork meatballs
Mini banh mi
We then cleansed our palates midway with light Vietnamese tapas from La Bo La, where we were treated to fresh crabmeat rice-paper rolls, juicy Vietnamese pork meatballs and mini banh mi.
Giant paella specially arranged for our Foodie Club event by Chef Cotes at La Paloma
Deep-fried chicken coated with potato crisps, curry and mustard yoghurt sauce
To end the tour on a big bang, our foodies were spoiled by La Paloma and got to indulge in a giant paella (prepared exclusively for the event – not included in the Tapas Journey), deep-fried chicken coated with potato crisps, curry and mustard yoghurt sauce and bikini toasted sandwiches with sobrasada and cheese.
Fret not if you missed our Estrella Tapas Tour; you can create your own Tapas Journey at the following outlets with your amigos!
Participating outlets and their featured tapas
- 22 Ships (duck hot dog with black garlic and apple)
- Cafe FLM (pan-fried salami)
- Chico Chica (sole in beer batter with saffron mayonnaise, padron peppers with fried garlic)
- El Cerdo (ham croquettes, crispy prawns with lemon aioli, pork belly with quince aioli)
- JC Café and Bar (fried Manchego cheese with ham)
- La Bo La (Vietnamese pork meatballs, mini banh mi, crabmeat rice-paper rolls)
- La Cobi Restaurante & Tapas (beer-battered calamari with smoked paprika and aioli, sautéed chorizo with garlic, Ibérico cold cuts)
- La Paloma (deep-fried chicken coated with potato crisps, curry and mustard yoghurt sauce, bombas with chorizo, bikini toasted sandwich with sobrasada and cheese)
- LAVA Bar & Restaurant (”Charcoal” and ”Lava’)
- Mr Right (Spanish chorizo, deep-fried onion rings)
- Pierside Bar & Restaurant (smoked salmon bruschetta, chargrilled Wagyu skewer, Parma ham with melon)
- Shop9 Restaurant & Lounge (Spanish meatballs in spicy sauce, bikini sandwich)
- Solera Spanish Restaurant (soft-shell crab deep-fried in light batter, chicken skewers seasoned with Moroccan spices)
- The Drunken Pot (crispy chicken skewer, fried juicy beef ball)