Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- 450g fresh scallops, washed and patted dry
- Sabatino Tartufi black truffle salt and black truffle zest
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock
- juice of ½ a lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Once the scallops have been patted dry, season each side with black truffle salt, black truffle zest and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a medium pan and allow to warm up over medium heat.
- Working in batches, place the scallops in the pan and sear each side for 1–2 min per side. Set aside and continuing working in batches until all the scallops have been seared.
- Add the remaining butter, stock, lemon juice and lemon zest to the pan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place the scallops back into the pan, coat with the sauce and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve warm.