We‘ve been looking forward to Taste of Hong Kong by Standard Chartered for some time now, and not just because of the mouth-watering line-up of exciting restaurants all in one place...*drools a little on the keyboard*
As an official media partner of Taste of Hong Kong by Standard Chartered, Foodie’s always had a tantalising treat or two in store for festival-goers at our Taste tent. You may recall our epic Foodie Market at Taste of Hong Kong 2017, where foodies could shop for awesome products, get hands on at workshops and chill with their pals in our digs. But this year calls for something extra special and especially important – something close to our hearts (and bellies). This time around, we want to make an impact – on our food’s future. #woke
Our efforts kicked off last August, when we gathered change-makers, conscious consumers and cutting-edge experts together at our Food’s Future Summit to explore the latest food innovations, upcoming trends and imminent issues in the culinary world. [Missed the Summit? See our recap here and FOMO no mo'!] The next Summit’s still a few months away, but in the meantime, we’re bringing the Food’s Future Summit pre-party to Taste of Hong Kong by Standard Chartered, through an interactive pavilion where foodies can experience food’s future through fun exhibits and an exciting pitch competition for aspiring and enterprising food innovators!
Wait, what? Pitch competition?
SCHWEEET, who should enter?
We’re looking for future-forward companies/individuals who:
- Have a product/service/technology/idea that revolves around the future of food and that addresses a problem/gap in the current food market/industry
- Have a product/service/technology that’s relatively new to the market – i.e., it cannot have been launched/on the market for more than two years before 25 March 2018; OR if you only have an idea and your company has not been established yet, you must at least have an action plan to launch and expand your business
- Are innovative problem-solvers with a passion for improving the sustainability and security of our food’s future
Does this sound like you?
OK, so how does it work?
- 20 shortlisted companies will pitch to a panel of esteemed judges and members of the public at Taste of Hong Kong 2018
- Each company will be given 10 minutes to showcase your ideas in the best light
- There will be 4 pitching sessions, with 1 winner per session
- Shortlisted companies will also have the opportunity to display information about their idea throughout all sessions of Taste
What do I win?
Don’t worry, we won’t give you anything we wouldn't want to win ourselves...
- Exposure, exposure, exposure
You can have the best idea in the world, but it won’t go anywhere if no one knows about it. Enjoy dedicated media coverage through an exclusive feature article in Foodie Magazine, an online advertorial on our website, profiling on our Food’s Future Summit website, plus a guaranteed display booth at the Food’s Future Summit 2018.
- Work and event space
Real estate fetches a real premium, especially here in Hong Kong. Enjoy a month of hot-desk access at co-working space Campfire Collaborative Spaces, where members enjoy 24/7 facilities with access to industrial amenities and opportunities to network with like-minded entrepreneurs. You will also enjoy one-time access to any Campfire event space, plus one-time access to Campfire’s showcase kitchen – which you can use to hold product launches or promotional events.
- Advice and access
Sometimes it just comes down to who you meet and who you know. Enjoy access to experienced industry leaders and mentors from key platforms such as InvestHK.
Just FYI, because we know you like your numbers, the prize package also happens to be worth over HK$50,000!
How do I sign up?
Enter through this Google form.
A small HK$200 processing fee is required for each application.
And you’re all set! Show us how you’re going to change the world!
Important things to note:
- Shortlisted companies will be informed on 5 March 2018 and will have to submit relevant materials for the pitch and exhibitor display by 16 March 2018
- Pitching will take place on the below dates/times, so make sure you or at least one company representative will be available:
Friday, 23 March: 8–9pm
Saturday, 24 March: 2:30–3:30pm; 8–9pm
Sunday, 25 March: 2:30–3:30pm
- All activities will take place at the Food’s Future by Foodie pavilion at Taste 2018
- There will be strictly no monetary sales allowed at the Food’s Future by Foodie pavilion
- There is a very quick turnaround from shortlist selection date. It’s important that you plan ahead so that you can submit your materials and polish up your pitch in time if you are selected!
Click here for FAQ
Entries close: 12 midnight, 28 Feb 2018Whatcha waiting for?!
In partnership with: