If some of you are hesitant to join our Food’s Future pitch competition owing to certain concerns you may have, why not let us shed some light? Here are some questions that we think might be surfacing in your minds:
Is this competition limited to just people based in Hong Kong?
Nope, regardless of where you are, as long as you can be physically here at Taste of Hong Kong 2018 (22–25 March) to pitch at the competition, you’re good to go!
Is there an limit?
We don‘t age-discriminate here at Foodie!
If I really only have an idea at this point, can I still take part?
Most definitely, if you can show us your action plan on how your idea can be expanded into a legit business.
Why do I need to pay HK$200?
1) We need serious players in the game, so a small application fee is in place to lock down commitment and dedication in the competition.
2) We make an effort to thoroughly screen every application, and processing each one takes time.
What if I can’t make it to some of the sessions if I were to be shortlisted?
It’s okay if you can’t make it to some of the sessions; if you were to be shortlisted, you will just need to give us a heads-up on your availability.
Pitching will take place on the below dates/times, so make sure you or at least one company representative will be available:
Friday, 23 March: 8–9pm
Saturday, 24 March: 2:30–3:30pm; 8–9pm
Sunday, 25 March: 2:30–3:30pm
How is my idea going to be judged?
We’re looking for the most promising ideas/products that will make a positive impact on our food’s future:
- Value proposition and competitiveness
- Impact on food’s future; sustainability
- Creativity, ingenuity, originality
- Market size and potential
- Traction with customers
- Product differentiation
- Product development process
- Sales and marketing strategies
- Pricing and revenue models
- Scalability/growth potential
- Expertise, commitment and motivation of team
- Risk management and contingency planning
If you still have questions in regards to participating in the the competition, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.