Our favourite traditional French takeaway rotisserie is now serving up a very special type of French duck. Barbarie ducks are bred for 77 days and are characterised by having less fat and better muscling. Bred only in France and known for their highly desirable texture and thin skin, Barbarie is considered a connoisseur's duck.
The rotisserie method ensures that the meat remains incredibly moist as the consistent turning action bastes the bird in its own juices. La Rotisserie's Barbarie duck is also marinated in the eatery’s own special blend of spices before being roasted, so the juices are infused with the delicate taste of the spices in the richly flavoured dark meat.
La Rotisserie is introducing Barbarie duck in three varieties: French roast duck, French roast duck sandwich and French roast duck salad.
The new slow-roasted Barbarie duck dishes are available at all La Rotisserie outlets (Quarry Bay, Sai Ying Pun, Sheung Wan and Wanchai), so you can either have this tasty bird delivered direct to your door or swing by on your way home for the ultimate supper.
They also have their signature succulent Grade A roast chicken on offer, as well as a host of side dishes that are authentically French and made with ingredients that are self-selected and imported directly from France.
For a limited time, all duck items will be priced the same as chicken! From 1–15 June, head to La Rotisserie or pick up the phone and order:
- ¼ French roast duck: $72 > $58
- ½ French roast duck: $125 > $98
- Whole French roast duck: $228 > $178
- Duck sandwich: $72 > $62 (French baguette, French roast duck, tomato, salad, homemade mayo)
- Duck salad: $78 > $68 (mixed green salad, French roast duck, lardons, croutons, house dressing)
- Classic duck set: $98 > $88 (¼ duck or chicken + 1 side + homemade soup or iced tea)
- ½ duck package: $168 > $148 (serves 2 – ½ duck or chicken + 2 sides)
- Whole duck package: $318 > $278 (serves 4 – whole duck or chicken + 4 sides)
View the full menu here.
At the heart of La Rotisserie are their core values (French, traditional, authentic and homemade), and they honour these every day by sourcing only grade A poultry that is naturally fed and imported directly from France. Hungry yet? We are!
12A–12H Westlands Road, 9791 9054, 11:30am–9pm
Sai Ying Pun
71 Third Street, 9791 9047, 11:45am–9pm
33 Hillier Street, 9791 9045, 11:45am–9:30pm
19 Amoy Street, 9791 9051, 11:45am–9pm
For more articles like this, like Foodie on Facebook