Lee Kum Kee was established in 1888 by its founder, Mr Lee Kum Sheung. After 131 years, it’s no accident that Lee Kum Kee is still using traditional recipes to produce the same legendary results. Lee Kum Kee has become a well-known household name of Chinese sauces and condiments, with the mission of “promoting Chinese culinary culture worldwide”, as well as an international brand that symbolises quality and trust.
Spanning over three centuries, Lee Kum Kee offers over 200 choices of sauces and condiments, including oyster sauces, soy sauces, chilli products, cooking ingredients and vinegars, to over 100 countries and regions. Lee Kum Kee’s sauces have been trusted to enhance the flavours of dishes across thousands of menus around the world, bringing out “The Flavour is Kee”. With continuous breakthroughs and innovations, Lee Kum Kee has evolved into the world leader in the Chinese condiment industry.
Hoisin peanut sauce for spring rolls recipe
Prep time: 2 min
Cooking time: 3 min
- 3 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic
- ⅓ cup water or coconut milk
- chopped peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, using a whisk, combine Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce, peanut butter, Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil and Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and slowly whisk in the water or coconut milk.
- Heat until the sauce is glossy and smooth. You also want the sauce to have a slightly runny texture, so add more liquid until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve the sauce with a chopped peanut garnish, if desired, alongside spring rolls.
Read more about Lee Kum Kee’s legacy