We first spotted this smoothie bowl at a little beach café in Bali, and it’s just brimming with tropical zing. You can use whatever fresh fruit you have on hand, but do include the coconut and mint – they bring something interesting, tasty and special to the bowl.
- 10 blueberries
- 10 strawberries
- 10 blackberries
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- mint leaves, to serve
- maple syrup, to serve (optional)
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp Midlife Granola or muesli
- assorted fresh fruit such as banana, mango, strawberries and blueberries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 4 tsp coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- Whizz the berries and yoghurt in a blender to produce a smoothie consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, leaving space for the toppings, then line up the granola or muesli, fruit, chia seeds and coconut on top.
- Decorate with mint leaves and, if you want some extra sweetness, drizzle with a little maple syrup.
The Midlife Kitchen: Health-Boosting Recipes for Midlife & Beyond, written by Mimi Spencer and Sam Rice, is published by Mitchell Beazley.
For more awesome recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook