Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 1 hour
For the beetroot hummus:
- 1 big beetroot
- 1 clove garlic
- 10g tahini
- 50g extra-virgin olive oil
- 10g lemon juice
- table salt, to taste
For the toast:
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 3 tbsp beetroot hummus
- 1 avocado
- 10g extra-virgin olive oil
- 5g lemon juice
- 50g feta cheese or tofu, crumbled
- sea salt, to taste
- microgreens, to garnish
- Cover the beetroot with aluminium foil and bake in a preheated oven at a 180°C for 45–60 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the aluminium foil, deskin the beetroot and cut into big chunks. At the same time, slice the garlic and cook in simmering water until it’s completely soft.
- Add the cooked beetroot and garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and table salt to a blender. Blend until it turns into a completely smooth purée.
- Store the beetroot hummus in the fridge, to use as and when needed.
- Toast the sourdough bread. Spread the beetroot hummus onto the toasted sourdough.
- Deskin and deseed the avocado, cut into big chunks and place into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and mix together. Place the avocado mixture on top of the beetroot hummus.
- Top with crumbled feta or tofu and garnish with microgreens.
For more awesome vegetarian recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook