Kit Cheung, founder of Perfume Trees Gin and well-known mixologist, has designed a range of cocktails that puts a twist on classic gin beverages. These cocktails will be available at selected MÖVENPICK® stores this August, but until you have a chance to stop by, why not test out your mixology skills and make them at home?
Gin and tonic
This simple recipe adds a scoop of sorbet to one of the world’s most beloved drinks. Gin and tonic is traditionally garnished with a slice or wedge of lime or lemon, often slightly squeezed into the drink before being placed inside the glass. Lemon and lime sorbet complements the flavours with an extra-summery zest.
- 1 scoop MÖVENPICK® Lemon & Lime Sorbet
- Perfume Trees Gin
- tonic water
- 1 slice/wedge lemon or lime
- lemon or lime rind, to garnish
- Mix 1–3 parts Perfume Trees Gin (depending on your taste) with three parts tonic water.
- Squeeze a slice/wedge of lemon or lime into the drink.
- Top with a generous scoop of MÖVENPICK® Lemon & Lime Sorbet.
- Garnish with lemon or lime rind.
The classic gin cocktail French 75 is a refreshing, bubbly drink that has been around since the World War I era. Frozen 75 includes a modern twist of passion fruit and mango sorbet along with gin, champagne, elderflower and a splash of lime juice. This cocktail is on the stronger side but still has a fresh, fruity flavour.
- 1 scoop MÖVENPICK® Passion Fruit & Mango Ice Cream
- 1 oz (2 tbsp) Perfume Trees Gin
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) lime juice
- 3 oz (6 tbsp) champagne
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) elderflower syrup or cordial
- Mix the gin, lime juice and champagne.
- Add the elderflower syrup or cordial.
- Top with a scoop of passion fruit and mango ice cream.
- Garnish as you wish (something floral is always pretty).
The Perfume Cotta
If you prefer your cocktails professionally made, follow MÖVENPICK® Ice Cream’s Facebook page for further details on the collaboration and in-store pop-ups coming soon. There, you’ll be able to try the original Perfume Cotta cocktail – made with MÖVENPICK® Panna Cotta Ice Cream and Perfume Tree Gin’s house-infused gin and hazelnut cream!
For more recipes like this, sign up to receive our weekly newsletter