- 1 x 1kg pumpkin
- 130g leek, sliced
- 40ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 800ml vegetable stock, heated
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 150g Salamini Italiani alla Cacciatora PDO, cut into strips (purchase in Hong Kong at city’super)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- sage leaves and strips of toasted bread with pumpkin seeds, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the sliced leek and fry for a few minutes until well browned. If necessary, add a small amount of vegetable stock to prevent burning.
- Wash the pumpkin and cut it into cubes.
- Add the pumpkin to the saucepan and cook for a few minutes. Then add enough hot vegetable stock to cover the vegetables. Cook, stirring frequently. After 25–30 minutes, the pumpkin should be very soft and nearly overcooked.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper and then whisk thoroughly with a hand blender.
- Divide the soup between four bowls, then add the strips of Salamini Italiani alla Cacciatora PDO.
- Garnish with sage leaves and serve with strips of toasted bread.
For more awesome recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook