This showstopping dessert recipe by DiVino Patio’s new chef, Omar Agostini, features figs baked in their own leaves.
- 12 big Italian black figs with leaves
- hazelnut ice cream, to serve
- chocolate sauce, to serve
For the marinade:
- 1L Amarone della Valpolicella wine
- 10g cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 wild fennel stick
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- 10g fresh ginger
- 5g black peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small bunch fresh rosemary
- 100g caster sugar
- Wash and cut the figs in half. Pour the Amarone wine into a large bowl and add the remaining marinade ingredients. Mix with the halved figs.
- Let the figs marinate in the fridge for about 12 hours.
- Drain the figs from the wine (reserve the wine) and wrap them in their leaves.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 190°C.
- Serve with a scoop of hazelnut ice cream, some of the reserved wine and chocolate sauce.
For more recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook