- 4 zucchini (courgettes), as round as possible, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 Cotechino Modena PGI (purchase in Hong Kong at city’super)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- white wine, for cooking
- Boil the Cotechino Modena PGI in a large pot of water (check the cooking time on the packaging).
- Meanwhile, cut off the upper part of each zucchini piece, remove the flesh with a spoon and add salt.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, then add the diced shallot and zucchini flesh.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked Cotechino Modena PGI with the zucchini, then add the egg, some breadcrumbs and salt, to taste.
- Stuff the zucchini with the cotechino and zucchini mixture, then set the stuffed zucchini on an oiled baking tray. Pour up to two fingers of water and white wine into the tray.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 180°C. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For more awesome recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook