Recipe courtesy @neelampurehealth
Cauliflower rice is a popular low-carbohydrate substitute for rice, and it’s so easy to make. This version uses the magical combination of tahini, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice – but you can experiment with your own flavours.
After grating the cauliflower into rice, it’s best to cook or use it straight away. Otherwise, you could freeze it for up to a month. Another common step when preparing cauliflower rice is to press the riced cauliflower between kitchen roll before cooking in order to remove the excess moisture that can make your dish too wet.
- 2 large cauliflowers
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Box-grate the cauliflowers (use more than you think you need as the water will bake out and the portions shrink).
2. Toss the grated cauliflower with some olive oil, salt and black pepper (the salt will help to draw out the water).
3. Spread out on a baking tray and bake at 200°C until the cauliflower starts to turn golden brown, tossing it a bit along the way.
4. Heat the tahini and lemon juice in a saucepan, stirring well, then add some grated Parmesan, if desired. When liquidised, stir this mixture into the cooked cauliflower.
For more awesome vegetarian recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook