Header photo credit: Flickr
Eclair translates roughly to “flash of lightning” in French, and it's a perfect name for such a tasty dessert (we dare you to eat an eclair slowly!). Eclairs are light and delicious and just meant to be wolfed down.
Here’s a delicious eclair-inspired dessert recipe that requires absolutely no baking but plenty of gobbling up:
For the filling:
- 1 container Cool Whip, thawed (you can usually find this in Hong Kong at city’super)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 packets instant vanilla pudding
- 2 sleeves graham cracker squares (again, these can usually be found in Hong Kong at city’super or another well-stocked international supermarket)
For the topping:
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start with the filling. Combine the milk and pudding mixes and beat well. Stir in the Cool Whip.
- Place a single layer of graham crackers in a 9x13” tin. Take the filling mixture and evenly spread half of it over the graham crackers. Repeat with more graham crackers and the filling and finally top the last of the filling with another layer of grahams.
- Now for the topping. Add the sugar, cocoa powder and milk to a pan and heat to a boil. Once it’s boiling, continue to boil for a minute or so, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and let rest for another minute. Add the butter and vanilla to the mixture and mix until the butter has completely melted.
- Pour the topping over the top layer of graham crackers and refrigerate overnight in order for the topping to set.
For more delicious dessert recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook