Considering public health concerns and government advisories, we will postpone our planned event (Is the Next Unicorn Edible?), scheduled originally for 13 February 2020, to a later date. Refunds will be provided to those who have purchased tickets, and we will keep everyone updated once the new date of the event has been confirmed. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
Calling all innovative food-tech start-ups!
Continuing the work of the Food’s Future Summit, we will be hosting a special community event on the sidelines of StartmeupHK Festival 2020 in partnership with international VC Global RIFF (Revolution in Food Fund) and Hong Kong accelerator Brinc, with supporting partner The Mills Fabrica. As part of this event, we will have an exclusive area dedicated to a showcase of future-forward food-tech start-ups, and we want you to be part of it!
Date: Thursday, 13 Feb 2020
Venue: WeWork, 15/F, H Code, 45 Pottinger Street, Central
Are you a start-up with an innovative food-tech product or service?
We are looking to showcase unique and inventive concepts and ideas that offer a positive contribution to the way in which we consume food and that improve our food ecosystem.
Apply now for a chance to be one of the selected start-ups chosen to showcase their products/services/ideas at the event. There is no cost to apply, and selected companies will be able to participate in the event at no cost. Selected start-ups will enjoy:
- The opportunity to network and showcase to key local and international players in the food space, including potential investors and commercialisation partners. Selected start-ups will be provided with a display area (for product/company display) and allowed a brief stage presentation to introduce themselves to the event audience.
- The opportunity to meet and network with Manuel Gonzalez, the founder and managing partner of Global RIFF. A heavyweight with decades of experience in the food-tech space, Gonzalez founded Rabobank’s renowned start-up initiatives FoodBytes! and the TERRA accelerator.
- Media coverage and exposure via Foodie, the creator of the Food’s Future Summit, the region’s leading food innovation platform and network.
Terms & conditions
- Open to all start-ups that utilise innovative technologies to solve issues facing our food and beverage supply, sustainability, nutrition and waste, including but not limited to agriculture, ingredients, production, packaging, waste management, services and tools.
- There is no geographical restriction; the application is open to all companies around the world, although companies will need to make their own travel arrangements to the event (taking place on 13 Februrary 2020 in Hong Kong).
- There is no cost to apply, and selected companies will be able to participate in the event at no cost.
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59pm on 31 January 2020. Selected companies will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by 4 February 2020 using the contact details they have provided in their application form.
- The Selection Committee’s decision is final.
How to enter
All you need to do is fill out this short application form.
Not a food-tech start-up but interested in this space? Get your ticket here!