Considering public health concerns and government advisories, we will postpone our planned event (Is the Next Unicorn Edible?), scheduled originally for 13 February 2020, to a later date. Refunds will be provided to those who have purchased tickets, and we will keep everyone updated once the new date of the event has been confirmed. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
Whether we eat to live or live to eat, food is a critical necessity for 7.7 billion of us today – and 10 billion of us tomorrow.
But with the critical challenges facing our food ecosystem, this multi-trillion-dollar (and counting) industry is on the cusp of crisis and disruption. Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have already put plant-based protein on the front pages and food innovation at the forefront of many investors’ radars. Where is the next food unicorn?
Join us for the only food-tech event taking place as part of StartmeupHK Festival 2020 and discover all you need to know about the global food-tech opportunity, from problems to profits. Meet key players leading the global food revolution, from forward-thinking investors to the most promising innovators shaking up the food ecosystem.
What to expect
- Expert breakdown of key markets and verticals
- Panel featuring top food-tech VCs and accelerators from around the world
- Showcase of leading start-ups with innovations changing our dietary ecosystem
- Wine and canapés
Date: Thursday, 13 February 2020
Time: 6:30– 9pm
Venue: WeWork, 15/F, H Code, 45 Pottinger Street, Central, Hong Kong
Tickets: $180 (includes free-flow wine and canapés)
- Food’s Future Summit – launched in 2017, the award-winning Food’s Future Summit is Hong Kong’s only food-tech and innovation vertical that gathers change-makers, experts and conscious consumers from around the world to delve into key innovations, trends and issues in the culinary and food-technology ecosystems.
- Global RIFF – Global RIFF (Revolution in Food Fund) is a newly launched food-technology and investment integrated ecosystem that discovers, selects, invests in and develops founders leading the revolution in food. Based in San Francisco, Global RIFF is backed by proprietary selection technology and led by Manuel Gonzalez, a heavyweight with decades of experience in the food and agtech space, having founded Rabobank’s start-up initiatives Foodbytes! and the TERRA accelerator.
- Brinc – Brinc is a leading Hong Kong–based global accelerator built around helping founders to use technology as a tool to address deep challenges in the world, including in the agrifood-tech industry.
Is the next unicorn edible? You bet it is, and it’s going to be delicious. We expect tickets for this event to sell out, so be sure to book early to avoid disappointment.