Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- 2 cups basmati rice, soaked
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (½ inch long)
- 1 dried red chilli
- ½ cup onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup carrot, chopped finely
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped finely
- ¼ cup green beans, chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup fresh pigeon peas (green tuvar)
- 2 tbsp green chilli ginger garlic paste
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Add the oil, cloves, cinnamon stick and dried red chilli to a large saucepan. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes on high heat. Then add the remaining veggies and green chilli ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add the water, lemon juice and salt. Mix gently, cover with a lid and simmer till boiling.
- When the mixture is boiling, add the pre-soaked rice and combine. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- After the rice is cooked, cover with a lid and rest for 15 minutes before serving.
For detailed instructions with images, check out the veg pulao recipe on my website
For more awesome vegetarian recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook