There is no further justification needed for the following recipe other than the following words: sticks of mozzarella.
You will need:
1 tablespoon milk
450g mozzarella cheese
Photo credit: The Gunny Sack
Follow these instructions for 12 tangy mozzarella sticks:
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into sticks of around 8cm x 1cm x 1cm
- Whisk the eggs
- Add milk to the egg batter
- Coat the mozzarella sticks with flour, shake off the excess
- Dip it in the egg batter (making sure it coats completely)
- Roll the cheese stick in bread crumbs (must be coated well or cheese may leak!)
- Freeze them for around 20 minutes to avoid melting the cheese when frying
- Heat a heavy pot in around 3 inches of oil
- Fry the mozzarella sticks until golden brown (takes around a minute)
Dip it in Marinara sauce or simply pizza sauce and enjoy!