Ummm. Not me! Ba-bow. You can keep your preposterously expensive, mystical miracle bar to yourself while I actually make myself something real and delicious and good for me to eat.
Get stuck into this recipe, it's truly so quick and easy you'll be eating it in no time and will find yourself unintentionally channeling Oprah as you say "Wa-ow" between mouthfuls. And the little piglets will love it too.
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup pecans
1 cup almonds
3/4 cup sunflower kernels
1/2 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sesame seeds
3 tablespoons of white chia seeds
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
pinch of salt
2 heaped tablespoons of unsweetened raw cacao powder (I use Blooker cacao)
3 tablespoons butter melted (or coconut oil)
4 tablespoons Rice Malt Syrup.
1) If you’re like me and can’t be bothered with chopping, then throw the pecans, almonds and pepitas in a blender or stick mixer and blitz until your own desired consistency is achieved (I like them to be small chunks). Otherwise chop away to your hearts content.
2) Throw chopped/blitzed nuts into a large mixing bowel with all of the other ingredients.
3) With a wooden spoon stir all ingredients together until combined.
4) Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper. Spoon the mixture into the baking tray patting it down firmly to create an even layer.
5) Place in in a preheated oven of about 150-160 deg C and cook until it starts to brown on top (around 20-25 mins).
6) Cool and cut into bars. Keep in an air tight container in the pantry or fridge and they will last for a week or so (and freeze any extra).
Feel free to mix it up and try all sorts of different combinations with the nuts and spices. My recipe above is adapted from a nut free version on: http://childhood101.com/2013/04/lunch-box-snacks-fructose-free-chocolate-muesli-bars/
Till next time,
this little piggy x