Buying a burrito is like buying a Mexican present for yourself.
However, the tortilla must be on point, or the whole eating experience is compromised. Astride to the perfect burger bun, perfect pizza base or perfect choux pastry to an eclair, it's a fundamental step those proudly bearing the tortilla torch must master.
Cali-Mex care a lot about their tortillas.
Each night they make over 3000 tortillas, that are then delivered warm to their stores across Hong Kong. They are on a mission to deliver the highest quality of Mexican food to this city, standing out from the crowd with their meticulous sourcing and world-class produce.
Here are 5 reasons Cali-Mex's tortillas are equitably superior:
- A state of the art machine from a renowned tortilla machine manufacturer (in Texas no less) is the architect of the discs of flour, and is currently the only machine in Asia
- They use 100% Australian mill flour, from largest flour producers in Australia - Manildra
- The tortillas are baked fresh in the central kitchen every night (10pm-8am) by experienced pastry chefs and delivered to stores the next day. A total of over 3000 pieces are made every day
- There absolutely no preservatives or additives
- High quality Spanish olive oil is used to make the tortillas, in place of butter or lard. This makes for a healthier tortilla that is also vegan.