I published this delicious fried chicken video recipe on my Italian blog, and it immediately achieved a huge success, probably because it is the simplest and tastiest way to fry chicken ever. To make the chicken even tastier, I filled it with cheese and ham.
How many times have you gone out to eat fried chicken and chips? With this tutorial you can prepare a better – crunchier – version at home. To achieve both a crunchy and healthy result, it's important to pay attention that the oil temperature is between 160–180°C so that the chicken is cooked both inside and outside.
The second secret to achieving a super-crunchy fried chicken is the type of breadcrumb – you may be surprised to learn which ingredient we used for the perfect crust...
• 2 chicken breast slices
• 100g cornflakes
• 30g ham
• 30g sliced cheese of your choice
• 1 egg
• salt and pepper
• 500ml peanut oil
- Take one chicken slice and cut two slices in it (use medium-size slices – stuffing the chicken will be simpler). Use a steak hammer to level out the slices' thickness.
- Overlay each chicken slice with two layers – first the ham, then the cheese – and finally close it with the chicken breast layer left. Remember that the two chicken layers have to be larger than the stuffing, otherwise you may experience some cooking trouble afterwards.
- Beat the egg and add a little salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, crumble the cornflakes and put the oil in a pan on the hob.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg, then in the cornflakes crumbs: take care to uniformly coat the chicken.
- Now it's time to fry: when the oil gets to 170°C, put the chicken inside and cook 4 minutes per side.
- When the chicken is perfectly golden, put it on some kitchen paper and dry. Serve, sliced, with some mixed salad.