Are you looking for a way to escape the winter cold? There is no better way than to enjoy a nice cocktail in one of Hong Kong’s best bars. Let’s take a look at four of the finest options…
Located on Wyndham Street, Stockton is one of the most secret whiskey bars in Hong Kong, selling a diverse assortment of creative and unique cocktails. This includes whiskey cocktails, rum cocktails, punch and gin cocktails. So, let’s take a look at one from each type…
• Gin based: The Hawtrey - Bols Geneva, Italian Vermouth, Maraschino Liquor, Angostura Bitters and Dolin Dry
• Punch: Nurse Candy - Ron Zacapa, Apricot Brandy, Brandy, Ginger Beer, Ole Sachharum, Peychauds Bitters, Lemon Gum, Granny Smith Apples, Candied Ginger and Orgeat, Ginger
• Whiskey based: Cherry Tart - Makers Mark, Vanilla, Compressed Citrus and Cherry Gum
• Rum based: Rhum In Fashion - Blackwell Jamaican, Ron Zacapa, Chocolate Bitters, Lime Zest, Vanilla Bitters and Old Fashioned gum
Next on the list of the best Hong Kong bars to visit this season is Brickhouse on d’Aguilar Street. This is actually a Mexican restaurant and bar, so if tequila tickles your fancy this is just the spot. Some of their cocktails include…
• Brickhouse Margarita – It is only right to start off with arguably the most famous tequila based cocktail, the Margarita. Brickhouse make theirs with Blanco, Damiana, Pineapple Juice, Agave Nectar, Lime and a Himalayan Salt Rim.
• Fresca – Gordon’s Gin, Watermelon, Honey, Cilantro and Chipotle
• Cubano – Tobacco Infused Reposado, Mezcal, Vanilla Brandy, Lemon, Grilled Pineapple and a Volcanic Salt Rim
• Diabla – Vodka, Jalapeno, Raspberries, Pomegranate and Lemon
Last but not least, why not take a trip to Honi Honi? This tiki cocktail lounge on Wellington Street is unique for its beachy vibe and laidback atmosphere. The bar sells a variation of their very own cocktails, including the likes of…
• Bounty Hunter – Michter’s Bourbon, Baileys, Coconut Milk, Aztec Chocolate Bitters and Coconut Syrup
• Tiki Meister – Bacardi 8yo Rum, Jagermeister, Banana Liqueur, Vanilla Syrup, Apple Juice and Pineapple Juice
• Honi Honi Kiss – 42 Below Passion Fruit Vodka, Passion Fruit Puree, French Vanilla Syrup, Guava Juice and Taittinger Brut Champagne
The Blue Butcher is a New York style bar and restaurant ideally situated on Hollywood Road. It has made a name for itself when it comes to cocktails, winning several awards, such as the Best Cocktails as awarded by Asia Tatler in 2013, and the Most Lethal Mixologist, also awarded in 2013 at the Foodie Forks Awards.
You can order from the bar’s list of signature cocktails or you can try one of their new winter cocktails, such as the Fog Cutter. This is made with Cachaça, Cognac, Borrion banana purée, lime, orgeat and crème fraiche.
Some of their popular and unusual signature cocktails are as follows…
• Bangers & Mash - Bacon Washed Chase Vodka, Sweet Potato Syrup, Compressed Citrus and Dry Vermouth
• Fig & Cheese - Black Label Scotch, Cointreau/Homemade Blue Fig Syrup, Compressed Citrus, Wormwood Bitters and Blue Cheese Foam
• Blue Butcher’s Digestive (6-9 Persons) - House Bottled Makers Mark, Orange Tincture, Lemon Tincture, Cardamom and Raisin Tincture and Gomme Syrup
• Apple Pie Moonshine - House Made Apple Infused Moonshine
Ping Pong Gintoneria
Next we have the urban chic hangout in Sai Ying Pun, Ping Pong Gintoneria. As you have probably gathered by the name, this is the place to go if you love gin. Here are some of the varieties they serve…
• G’Vine Floraison Gin with The Japanese Wilkinson Tonic and Grapes
• Farmer’s Organic Gin with Q Tonic and Lemongrass Garnish
• Martin Millers with Fever-Tree Tonic with a Lemon Twist and Juniper Berries
Now you know more about some the best bars in Hong Kong to visit this winter. What better excuse do you need to get out of the cold?