I love baking, but I really hate cleaning up. So here is my new recipe for yummy blondies that can be made using only one mixing bowl and are very quick to whip up and devour.
Yields: 16 (5cmx5cm brownies)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
• 100g salted butter
• 1 egg
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• handful of almonds
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
• 2 tbsp Nutella (can be substituted with any nut butter or simply left out)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a deep baking sheet (20cm x 20cm) by lining it with foil (shiny side up) and buttering all the sides.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add the egg, sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix – the trick is using 10-12 strokes.
- Stir in your chosen flavourings. I like to use chocolate chips, salted almonds, marshmallows or even Turkish delight pieces.
- Pour the batter into the baking sheet.
- Add lines of Nutella over the batter: using a toothpick or the back or a teaspoon, drag 4–5 horizontal lines through the Nutella and batter to make a marbled pattern.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.