History shows that the first meatballs noted on record came from China between 221 BC and 207 BC in the Qin Dynasty (Thanks Wikipedia!). Seems fitting that our friends from all around town have decided to have a Battle of the Balls to determine the meatball champion here in Hong Kong.
Chefs Vinny Lauria of Posto Pubblico, Fabrizio Napolitano of NOM, Aarik Persaud of Butcher’s Club, Stefano Rossi of Pirata, Steve Ma of Jamie’s Italian and Vito Chiavacci of La Paloma will go head to head for the honor of being awarded the “Best Meatballs in Hong Kong".
Delicious albondigas from La Paloma. Mouth watering yet?
For those of you interested in putting these chefs to the test, make your reservations for Wednesday night, March 16 at Linguini Fini, where a special set menu will be featured all night comprising of all six restaurant’s meatballs. Priced at $508, guests on the night will be able to enjoy Hong Kong’s finest meatballs as part of an 8-course meal that includes a caprese salad, fried calamari, spaghetti pomodoro, sautéed kale, chocolate banana cake and more!
You'll be invited to score and critique each meatball dish served to you so that you can choose your own Meatball Champion!
Italian Beef Meatballs from NOM
Your Meatball Lineup
Chef Vinny Lauria from Posto Pubblico / Linguini Fini / Stone Nullah Tavern
- Pubblico Veal Meatballs
Chef Fabrizio Napolitano from NOM (Not Only Meatballs)
- Italian Beef Meatballs / Neapolitan ragout / Paccheri pasta / Ricotta Cheese
Chef Vito Chiavacci from La Paloma
- Spanish Meatballs – Albondigas Con Sepia /Catalan style homemade Meatballs with Cuttlefish, Green Peas.
Chef Steve Ma from Jamie’s Italian
- Gennaro's Homemade Meatballs created by Jamie Oliver's great friend and mentor in all things Italian. Homemade nutty pistachio Mortadella, Minced Beef and Pork juicy balls cooked in a roasted red pepper tomato sauce and stuffed in a soft Ciabatta roll
Chef Stefano Rossi from Pirata
- M.M.M (My Mama’s Meatballs) - Pork, Beef, Italian egg, Tomato Sauce, Basil and Extra virgin olive oil.
Chef Aarik Persaud and Chef Kaleb Davis from Butcher’s Club
- The Ricky Rozay – Surf & Turf Meatball, Dry Aged Angus Rump, Butter Poached Lobster Mousse, Roasted Marrow Hollandaise, Truffle & Salsify Puree, Herb & Garlic Crumble
Address – G/F, 49 Elgin Street, SoHo, Hong Kong
Tel – 2387-6338