Banner image via Mode
Super simple, but super delish dish. Here’s everybody’s favourite cheesy ramen recipe by the wonderful Chef Roy Choi, brought to you by the tasting table.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 13 minutes
- 2½ cups water
- 1 pack Shin Ramyun (or another brand of instant ramen)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 2 slices American cheese
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ scallion, green part only, thinly sliced on a bias (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the ramen noodles and cook for 2 minutes, then add the flavour pack.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and crack in an egg, but do not mix it in. Pull the hot noodles gently over the raw egg and allow the egg to poach for about 3 more minutes.
- Carefully pour the ramen into your serving bowl of choice, making sure not to break the egg.
- Add the butter, cheese and sesame seeds to the bowl and stir gently to incorporate. Top with the chopped scallion (optional) and serve.
There you have it! Isn't Roy a genius! We know!