Spice up your life by taking a break from beef patties and go for lamb burgers topped with tzatziki – meatmarket.hk’s got you covered! Here’s a delicious, nutritious, easy-to-follow recipe that’s perfect for your next barbecue.
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 10 min
For the burgers:
- 500g extra-lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed very finely (optional)
- oil, for brushing
- large burger buns, sliced tomato, lettuce and red onion, to serve
For the tzatziki:
- 5-cm piece cucumber, deseeded and grated coarsely
- 200g thick Greek yoghurt (fat-free optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus a handful of leaves to serve
- Work the spices and garlic (if using) into the minced lamb, season with salt and pepper, then shape into 4 burgers.
- Brush the patties with a little oil and fry or barbecue for about 5 min on each side, or until cooked all the way through.
- To make the tzatziki, squeeze and discard the juice from the grated cucumber, then mix into the yoghurt along with the chopped mint and a little salt.
- Serve in the buns (toasted if you like) with the tzatziki, tomato, lettuce, red onion and a few mint leaves. We also like to add a slice of grilled halloumi for an extra flavour boost.