Servings: 2 persons - around 12 pieces
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 - 10 minutes
250g fresh chinese and button mushrooms, chopped into smaller bits
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped spring onion
50-80g baby corn, chopped into small bits
1 package bean curd sheets, chopped into bits
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 egg, whisked
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine
1 bunch chopped coriander stalks
12 pre-made dumpling skins
extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a frying pan with oil on medium low heat, cook garlic, spring onion, chopped coriander stalks, mushrooms, baby corn, and fresh ginger for 3-5 minutes.
- Add rice wine. After the alcohol evaporates, add sesame oil, bean curd, soy sauce, and season. Cook the vegetables for about 3 minutes on low heat., Heat off and set aside.
- Transfer the filling to a large bowl for wrapping the dumplings. To make the dumplings, spoon 1 tbsp filling to the center of the dumpling skin, use a knife to dip into the egg mixture and spread evenly around the edge of each dumpling, then start folding the dumpling from one corner to the other.
- Once the dumplings are all wrapped, fry the dumplings in a preheated frying pan with oil on medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of water and lid on to allow the dumplings to be cooked fully. Let them cook with the lid on for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dumplings to a plate and garnish with some chopped mint leaves and coriander. Serve with dumpling sauce and mint pesto.