Servings: 3 thin crusted pizzas (1 pizza for each person)
Preparation Time: 1.5 - 2 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the pizza dough:
3 cups wholemeal flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (use for kneading if the dough is too wet)
4 tsp active dry yeast
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1.25 cup warm water
Ingredients for toppings:
2 cups chopped cauliflower
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredients & instructions for mint pesto:
1 bunch mint leaves
1 garlic clove
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/2 lemon zest & juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander stalks
Instruction: Put everything into a blender and season
Instructions for pizza:
1) In a small bowl, mix warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes until foam is formed.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add wholemeal flour, baking powder, and salt. Form a well in the flour, combine the foamed mixture and knead the dough for 10 minutes. (sprinkle a little all-purpose flour if the dough is too wet as you knead by hands)
3) Rub a little oil inside the bowl, cover the bowl with a wet towel and let the dough rise for 1 hour. It should doubled its size.
4) On a well floured surface, divide the dough to 3 equal portions. Flatten each dough to a thin crust with a rolling pin.
5) Preheat the oven at 200ºC. Place each crust on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil on the baking sheet.
6) Spread toppings by adding garlic, mozzarella, olive oil, fresh thyme, and cauliflower evenly to each pizza crust. Season.
7) Bake for about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh mint pesto before serving.