Servings: 4 persons
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: around 60 minutes
- 250g shiitake mushrooms, chopped into small cubes
- 1 block hard tofu, diced
- 1 cup frozen green beans and carrots
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 for pesto and 1 for stir-fry)
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bowl brown rice, cooked
- 1 bowl quinoa, cooked
- 1 bowl barley, cooked
- 1/2 lemon
- extra-virgin olive oil
- It should take about an hour to cook each grain separately. Once they are cooked, set aside.
- Preheat a large frying pan with olive oil on medium heat, cook onions for 3 minutes. When they turn translucent, add the shiitake, garlic, and white wine, cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add tofu, beans, and carrots with the vinegar and soy sauce. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add all the cooked grains to the frying pan and mix well. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Season. Turn the heat off.
- In a small bowl, mix the fresh chopped parsley and minced garlic with a generous amount of extra-virgin olive oil. Season.
- Add some fresh pesto and a twist of lemon before serving.