Servings: 8-10 patties
Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
- 1 lb lotus root (about 1 whole lotus root), shredded
- 1/4 - 1/2 lb taro, shredded
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper, according to your taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 1 bunch coriander
- extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the lotus root, taro, salt & pepper, paprika, garlic, and scallions. Mix well.
- Add enough flour or cornstarch to hold and form the patties.
- Preheat a frying pan with a generous amount of olive oil on medium heat. Form about 8-10 patties with your hands and shallow fry each side 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low if necessary to avoid burning the patties. Turn the heat off.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC. Transfer the half-cooked patties to a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Roast the patties for roughly 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander and serve with a twist of fresh lime juice and a side dish of lime aioli dressing or sweet & sour sauce.