Servings: 1-2 persons
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 small carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch of long green beans, cut into small bits (can substitute with frozen green peas)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 package 350g soft tofu
- 2 tbsp chilli bean sauce aka toban djan
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp rice wine or white wine
- 1-2 tbsp fresh chopped spring onion
- 1 small bunch chopped coriander
- 3-4 tsp sesame oil
- 100g rice noodle aka mei fun, cooked
- Preheat a saucepan on medium heat with a drizzle of sesame oil. Cook the garlic, ginger, spring onion, and shallot until the oil is fragrant.
- Add the carrots and beans with a splash of rice wine. After the alcohol evaporates, place a lid on the saucepan and cook the vegetables on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chilli bean sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar with the soft tofu and put it back onto the medium heat. Mix everything well.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and corn starch. Mix well.
- Reduce to low heat, put a lid on it and cook for 3-4 minutes. When it is done turn the heat off.
- Drizzle a little sesame oil on it and garnish with chopped spring onion and coriander before serving.