Serving: 1 person
Preparation time: less than 5 minutes
Cooking time: less than 10 minutes
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small sprig of sage, finely chopped
- 1 small anchovy *optional*
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 100g pasta (spaghetti/tagliatelle/linguine)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to its packaging label. Drain the pasta approximately 1 minute before it turns al dente. Reserve a small cup of the pasta water for later.
- Preheat a frying pan with 2 - 3 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Cook the garlic, anchovy, chilli flakes, and sage for 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the garlic and reduce heat if necessary.
- Add the cooked pasta with a ladle of pasta water to the frying pan. Sprinkle a generous amount of grated parmesan and mix well. Season and turn the heat off.
- Transfer the pasta to a plate, add a drizzle of olive oil and grated parmesan before serving. Enjoy!