Servings: 2 persons
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1/4 cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, thinly shredded
- 1 bunch alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil pesto (1 bunch fresh basil, 1 small garlic clove, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 vegetable stock block
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 lemon juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- To make the simple basil pesto, use a blender to mix the fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil. Season and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water and quinoa to a boil. Add the half block of vegetable stock and broccoli florets and let the pot simmer for less than 10 minutes until the water has evaporated. Turn the heat off.
- Get a large mixing bowl and mix the warm quinoa, alfalfa sprouts and pesto together. Season well.
- Serve the warm pesto salad with some fresh shredded carrots, alfalfa sprouts, and cabbage on top. Garnish with toasted pine nuts, a dollop of pesto, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and lemon twist before serving.