Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 150g farfalle
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 jar quartered artichokes
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup mix grated cheese (I used scarmorza and parmesan)
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 handful breadcrumbs
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until 1 minute before it becomes al dente. Reserve a small cup of the pasta water for later.
- Preheat a saucepan with olive oil on medium heat. Cook the garlic and chilli flakes for 1 minute. Pay attention to not burn the garlic and reduce the heat if needed.
- Add artichokes and spinach, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and vegetable stock. Reduce the heat to medium-low with a lid on. Simmer the vegetables for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and wait for the pasta to be ready.
- Mix in the cooked pasta and a small ladle of the pasta water plus grated cheese for thickening the sauce on medium-low heat.
- Add the butter and stir well. Turn the heat off.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley, grated Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil before serving.