Have you promised yourself to eat healthier in the new year? Well, here's a way to do just that. Here is a recipe that is fast, easy, healthy and tastes great. Try it out this afternoon for a great snack or include it as a starter for dinner.
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ½ package hard tofu, cut into finger-sized strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari / soy sauce
- 1 small bowl of broccoli florets
- ½ avocado, cut into finger-sized strips
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 - 3 tbsp sesame oil / extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bowl fresh salad greens
- 1 bowl cooked soba, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh spring onion
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 small garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 - 2 tbsp tamari / soy sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180 - 200ºC.
- Marinate the tofu with chopped garlic and soy sauce for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Transfer onto a baking tray and mix with the broccoli, avocado, dried chilli flakes, oil, and season. Roast for around 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- To make the tahini dressing mix the tahini, garlic, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, ginger, tamari (or soy sauce) and sesame oil together and add water to thin until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- On a large dish, assemble the salad leaves, soba and roasted vegetables together with some toasted sesame seeds, nuts, spring onions, and drizzle with tahini dressing. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon before serving.