Serves: 1-2 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 lb of fresh purple root vegetables, such as eggplant and purple carrots
- extra-virgin olive oil/sesame oil
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- handful chopped fresh parsley (you can use mint and others; they are just as good)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
- On a baking tray, mix carrots, a little oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes then add the avocado.
- Roast for another 5-10 minutes. I usually toss in the walnuts in the last few minutes of roasting for an extra nutty flavour.
- To make tahini dressing, add tahini, garlic, vinegar, honey, ginger, lemon juice, tamari, sesame oil and add water to thin until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of dressing to the roasted veg and garnish with fresh parsley, sesame seeds and a drizzle of oil.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving.