Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes, shredded
- 5-6 olives, chopped into small bits
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tiny anchovy*
- 1 small bunch chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 lemon zest and juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
*Optional - can remove that from your recipe if you are vegetarian or vegan
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until 1 minute before it becomes al dente. Reserve a small cup of the pasta water for later.
- Preheat a saucepan with olive oil on medium heat. Cook the garlic and chilli flakes for 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes, anchovy, and chopped basil, cook for another 1-2 minutes. Season. Watch the fire and if vegetables start to burn, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and olives, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Put a lid on to speed up the cooking process.
- Add a small ladle of the pasta water and simmer the vegetables for 1-2 minutes. This is when the pasta sauce is in the making. Turn off the fire if the sauce starts to evaporate.
- Mix in the cooked pasta with some grated cheese and stir well.
- Garnish with some fresh basil, grated parmesan, lemon zest + juice, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil before serving. Enjoy!