Serves: 2 persons
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
2-3 buffalo tomatoes, cut into about 1/2 inch thick slices
1 bowl cherry tomatoes, halved and leave a few for garnishing
2 celery stalks, cut into small bits
1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 handful fresh basil
extra-virgin olive oil
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
1 handful roasted pine nuts
1-2 tbsp grated parmesan
1 small garlic clove
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
— Blend together basil, pine nuts, garlic, grated parmesan, and olive oil in a food processor and season.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. On a baking tray, drizzle 2-3 tbsp of olive oil with buffalo tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Season. Roast for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Set aside and let it cool.
- While roasting the tomatoes, preheat a frying pan on medium heat. Cook garlic, onion, and chili flakes until onions are translucent. Season. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Combine the cooked vegetables and fresh basil leaves in a food processor and blend for a minute or two according to the consistency that you like. Season if needed.
- Transfer the soup to a big bowl and chill it for at least 1-2 hour in the fridge.
- Garnish with some chopped celery, tomatoes, and add a dollop of fresh pesto with a drizzle of olive oil before serving.