For the carpaccio:
- 320g rib-eye fillet
- 2 freshly ground black peppercorns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the date mousse:
- 500g pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 30 min and strained
- 50g goat’s cheese
- 50g capers
For the Turkish-style salsa verde:
- 1 green bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 red onion, diced finely
- 10 chives, chopped finely
- 1 bunch dill, washed and chopped finely
- 1 bunch coriander, washed and chopped finely
For the spice mix:
Lightly roast the following and crush together:
- 50g cumin seeds
- 50g ground black pepper
- 50g sumac
- 50g fennel seeds
- 50g black and/or white sesame seeds
- 50g chilli flakes
To make the carpaccio:
- Heat a pan on high, adding 1 tbsp olive oil, and sear the rib-eye on all sides.
- Once cooled, rub the rib-eye with oil and then rub in the spice mix. Wrap in cling film and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours. When mostly frozen, remove the cling film and slice the beef as thinly as you can.
To make the date mousse:
- Combine the pre-soaked, strained dates and the goat’s cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Separately fry the capers in 1 tbsp olive oil.
To make the Turkish-style salsa verde:
- Combine the chopped pepper, onion, chives, dill and coriander with the remaining oil.
- On a large plate, spread out the beef slices, place a small dollop of the date mouse in the centre, sprinkle the capers around and then drizzle over the Turkish-style salsa verde.
For more awesome recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook