Top image / thismuslimgirlbakes
Ah, the old “we’ll just stop by for one drink” trick. You cannot be pounding the Veuve Clicquot without a little something to line the stomach; this baked camembert with garlic bread is just what you need.
- 1 whole camembert, in its box
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tsp olive oil (1 for the camembert, 1 for the garlic bread)
- 1 small ciabatta loaf, cut in half
- Remove any plastic packaging from the cheese and place the cheese back in its box, leaving the lid off.
- Pierce the top of the cheese in several places with a sharp knife and insert pieces of garlic and sprigs of thyme into the slits.
- Drizzle the cheese with olive oil and place on a baking sheet, leaving the cheese in its box. Bake in the oven for ten minutes, or until the centre of the cheese is melted.
- For the garlic bread, drizzle the cut side of the bread with olive oil and place cut-side down in a hot griddle pan until toasted. Rub the toasted side of the bread with the garlic clove.
- Serve the garlic bread with the warm cheese for dipping.
Photo / BBC Food
Discover more recipes and share your pictures on our Facebook page: Cheese of Europe Hong Kong and… enjoy, it’s from Europe!