We’re all for food that tastes good and is also good for you. Hence, we’ve teamed up with Jamie’s crew (Jamie Oliver, that is – this is how we roll on a first-name basis) to bring you a series of delicious yet wholesome recipes plucked straight from his new Super Foods menu.
Here’s a recipe you can feel good about indulging in:
- 1 small butternut squash (900g)
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 15g fresh basil
- 3 large eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 600ml tomato sauce
- 10g Parmesan cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Halve the squash in a baking tray, discarding the skin and seeds. Roast for 1 hour. Spread the ricotta on the squash halves and roast for another 30 minutes, or until the squash is cooked through.
- Finely chop the basil leaves and mix into the ricotta and cooked squash. Season to preference and allow the mix to cool.
- Put the eggs and flour into a food processor and whizz into a ball of dough. Knead on a flour-dusted surface until smooth. Cut in half, wrap in cling film and rest for 30 minutes.
- Flatten one piece of dough by hand. Run it through the thickest setting on a pasta machine, then adjust slowly until you get to the thinnest setting. Fold it in half and run it back through the thickest setting again, repeating this a few times for super-smooth dough. Roll the dough until about 1mm thick, then lay out the sheet flat and stamp out circles with a 12-cm cutter.
- Spoon 1 heaped tsp filling into the middle of each circle and lightly brush the exposed pasta with water. Fold into half-moon shapes over the filling, gently pressing to squeeze out any air, and seal. Repeat with the second ball of dough.
- Warm the tomato sauce in a pan over medium heat and, in batches, cook the ravioli in a large pan of boiling salted water for just 2 minutes.
- Toss the ravioli with the sauce and serve with finely grated Parmesan. Finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Too tired (or just too lazy) to tackle this dish at home? Don’t fret as you can always indulge in Jamie’s new Super Food menu at Jamie’s Italian in Causeway Bay and TST.