We’re all for food that tastes good and is also good for you. Hence, we’ve teamed up with Jamie’s crew (Jamie Oliver, that is – this is how we roll on a first-name basis) to bring you a series of delicious yet wholesome recipes plucked straight from his new Super Foods menu.
Here’s a recipe you can feel good about indulging in:
- 250g plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 400g tin black beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 320g leftover poached chicken
- 220g ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 limes
- 220g jar sliced jalapeños
- 4 heaped tbsp plain yoghurt
- In a bowl, mix the flour with 1 tbsp oil, 150ml water and a pinch of sea salt, then knead on a flour-dusted surface until smooth. Divide into 12 equal-sized balls and cover with a clean, damp tea towel.
- Dry-toast the cumin seeds over medium heat for 1 minute, then tip in the black beans (juice and all). Simmer on a low heat, mash once soft and loosen with a splash of water.
- Peel and destone the avocado, cut the corn kernels off the cobs, chop the spring onions and finely slice the coriander stalks. Heat it all in a large frying pan on medium-low heat with 1 tbsp oil.
- Chop and add the chicken.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and dress with the juice of 1 lime.
- In a blender, blitz the jalapeños and all their juices with most of the coriander leaves until super smooth, then pour back into the jar.
- Put a non-stick frying pan on the highest heat. Roll out the dough balls to around 15cm in diameter and cook for 20 seconds on each side.
- Serve with yoghurt and lime wedges and let everyone build their own wraps.
Too tired (or just too lazy) to tackle this dish at home? Don’t fret as you can always indulge in Jamie’s new Super Food menu at Jamie’s Italian in Causeway Bay and TST.