March is a wonderful time in Hong Kong for art lovers. Hong Kong Arts Month sees inspiring art initiatives and celebrations of both local and international artists all over the city.
Last year, Asia Society hosted its first-ever art after-party – and good times were had by all. This year, our artsy friends have stepped it up a notch by adding the groovy theme “Hong Kong in the 1960s”. All art lovers are called on to visit this iconic space for a night of live music from the 60s, nostalgic local snacks with a modern twist and free-flow drinks.
- Food night market – enjoy poke from Pololi, crêpe cakes from Lady M, Hong Kong and Asian favourites such as satay, Chinese bao, local desserts and more!
- True nostalgia in the from of traditional Hong Kong pastries from the 60s
- Free-flow champagne for the first hour, red and white wines and customised Hong Kong craft beer thereafter
- The gallery will be open all night for viewing of the A Story of Light: Hon Chi-fun
- Live performances by young local talents Kessay Chan and Hattrick
- Award-winning a-cappella star Kessay Chan will perform with his loop station to the tunes of the 60s. Last year, Chan won the 12th Gatsby Creative Awards, Music, to represent Hong Kong to compete in Tokyo with other Asia representatives. He was also the champion of the A Cappella Championships 2018, Loop Station, held in Singapore, and was named the SCMP Student of the Year 2014 – Performing Artist.
- Hattrick is a busking band formed by three talented young people from The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups – Jockey Club Tin Yuet S.P.O.T. The members of this intergenerational band are each born in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. Hattrick will be performing 1960s Cantopop songs.
Date: Sunday, 31 March 2019
Location: Asia Society, 9 Justice Drive, Admiralty
Use our special Foodie discount code FoodieXArtAGoGo for 10% off your ticket!