It’s California Wine Month! This summer-centric celebration of the USA’s incredibly diverse wine region invites wine lovers and enthusiasts to partake in sampling the very best that the Golden State has to offer.
Celebrating its second year in Hong Kong, California Wine Month sees a host of amazing promotions, deals and offers from over 40 participating restaurants and retailers from July 1–August 31. This year, the California Wine Institute will also introduce something completely unique – the first-ever Sips of Summer pop-up store!
Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay (right across the road from the brand-new Don Don Donki!), the Sips of Summer pop-up store will set up shop at Fashion Walk from August 20–23 and August 27–30.
Here’s why you simply have to stop by:
Exclusive shopping experience
This one-of-a-kind space will allow wine lovers the opportunity to taste and purchase an exciting array of California wines at exclusive discounts, from a rotating roster of wine merchants such as Watson’s Wine, Kerry Wines, Wine Shop Asia, Thy Wine, Golden Gate Wine and more. You can also stop by the shop’s Discover California Wines tasting bar, where you’ll have the chance to sample some bottles that are not even available in Hong Kong yet, including from top wineries such as Napa Valley’s Barnett Vineyards (Spring Mountain District), Silenus Winery (Oak Knoll District) and Dierberg Vineyard (Santa Maria Valley).
We’ll soon be sharing information on how you can get your hands on coupons to redeem these tasting portions of wine as well as light bites at the pop-up store – stay tuned!
Limited-edition goodie bags
To really get into the summer spirit of California wines, customers can purchase Sips of Summer goodie bags (valued at over $400) at an unbeatable price! These one-of-a-kind goodie bags can be pre-purchased online while stocks last and picked up at the pop-up store.
The limited-edition Sips of Summer goodie bags contain:
- Special bottles of California wine (750ml or 2 x 375ml bottles)
- Summer-ready souvenirs such as a snazzy Cali wine beach towel and drawstring bag
- Delicious and healthy Blue Diamond almond snacks
- FIJI Water to stay hydrated
- 15 tasting coupons (to be used at the in-store Discover California Wines tasting bar and in-store merchant booths to redeem tasting portions of wine and light bites)
- $100 worth of cash vouchers for use at the pop-up store
These special goodie bags will be available to purchase online via the link below for collection at the pop-up store, but we only have a limited quantity available. Better get ordering!
Sips of Summer pop-up store
What to expect: a unique pop-up store featuring fine California wine – even better if you complete the shopping experience with a special limited-edition goodie bag
Who should attend/purchase: wine lovers, wine enthusiasts or those looking to learn a little more about this enigmatic wine region
Dates: August 20–23 and August 27–30
Time: Thursday and Friday, 2–9pm; Saturday and Sunday, 12–9pm
Location: Shop 16B, G/F, 11–19 Great George Street, Fashion Walk, Causeway Bay
Sips of Summer limited-edition goodie bags (valued at over $400):
* Early-bird goodie bags (limited quantities available): $125
* Foodie Club members: $150
* Sips of Summer special price: $175
- To better manage crowds/capacity, we ask that customers purchase goodie bags based on which weekend they would like to collect their bags (i.e., August 20–23 or August 27–30). We will strictly enforce in-store capacity limits so as to avoid overcrowding and allow social distancing – so do arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- For hygiene reasons, please note that tasting portions of wine will be served in single-use disposable cups. Customers will be required to have their temperature taken and sanitize their hands upon arrival at the store and wear a mask throughout except when consuming the tasting portions.
- Visitors who have traveled outside Hong Kong 14 days prior to visiting our store and/or are under a 14-day HKSAR compulsory quarantine order, or who have been in close contact with any such person, are kindly requested to refrain from visiting the store.
- Those who display any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, should not visit the store and are recommended to promptly seek medical advice.
- Organizers reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone found in violation of these precautionary measures.
- Organizers will continue to monitor the evolving situation to ensure that appropriate hygiene measures are put in place at the pop-up store.
To join Foodie Club and enjoy a discount on this and all our events, click here